What is a health and social care reservist?
Reservists are here to help the NHS and social care during peak times and emergencies.
A reservist is someone who is passionate about patient care and working with diverse teams.
Please note, this is not about being a reservist in the armed forces. This is for the NHS and social care. However, the idea of being available to work flexibly is similar.
Maybe you are:
- A former healthcare professional?
- Working in healthcare outside the NHS, with limited healthcare experience?
- A current health or care worker, looking for extra shifts?
- Working, or you have worked, as part of a vaccination team or hub?
- Keen to continue supporting your local clinic or hospital?
- A health or care student, looking for practical work experience?
- Recently retired, but want to maintain your skills and keep giving back?
You might also be considering a career change and interested in an NHS career. Becoming a reservist is a great way to experience the range of NHS career opportunities that suits your lifestyle and circumstances.
Being a reservist in Derby and Derbyshire
A reservist in Derbyshire can work for:
- NHS organisations
- Council social services
- Private or third sector organisations
See what shifts are available through our app and you choose where and when you want to work. You will get paid a competitive rate and you will be supporting colleagues to provide excellent care for local people.
There are four roles available. Open up the boxes to find out more about each:
Express your interest
Express your interest by filling in this simple online form.
Once you have submitted the form, we’ll get back in touch quickly. If you are shortlisted, we will interview you online by Microsoft Teams within a matter of days.
We will support you every step of the way, through on boarding to your first shadow shift.
For an informal conversation please email: email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you.