Healthcare science staff who work in the physiological sciences use specialist equipment, advanced technologies, and a range of different procedures to evaluate the functioning of different body systems, to diagnose abnormalities, and to direct and in some case, provide therapeutic intervention and long-term management and care.
Healthcare Scientists are involved in 80% of all clinical decisions in the NHS.
Is being a healthcare scientist for me?
The health service is not just for doctors and nurses.
Healthcare science alone is made up of more than 50 different jobs.
It could be for you if you:
- Like science
- Like technology
- Want to work with people
- Want to work on your own and as part of a team
- Would like to learn and earn at the same time
- Like problem solving
- Want to do a job that makes a difference
- Want a job with career progression
- Like each day to be different
Blood Bank Laboratory at Royal Derby Hospital
Cytology at Royal Derby Hospital